Directorate of Global Relations and Promotion (DGRP)
The mission of the Directorate of Global Relations and Promotion (DGRP) is to promote globalization and intercultural exchange to all facets of the University; to support international students and scholars on campus with a variety of cultural and social activities; to enhance the reach and international reputation of Penn State and the University Office of Global Programs (UOGP); and to expand and nurture partnerships with various international stakeholders locally, across the country, and around the world.
Promoting a Global Penn State
DGRP plays a key role as the public relations arm of UOGP. DGRP's responsibilities include programming and outreach activities; events planning; marketing and promotion; publications; hosting international visitors; administering the sponsored student program; seeking external funds; expanding international alumni networks; and cultivating partnerships with international academic, corporate, and governmental agencies.
DGRP supports the mission of UOGP by providing programming and support services to international students and scholars (as well as their dependents) to create positive experiences and lasting relationships during their time at Penn State and beyond. In addition, DGRP designs and implements programs and workshops that promote internationalization to faculty, staff, and students, and facilitates engagement with the larger community.
Some of the many activities produced by DGRP include:
- Weekly International Coffee Hours (Thursdays, 3:30 p.m., 410 Boucke Building)
- Explorers Program with trips to New York City, Washington, Niagara Falls, and more (ongoing)
- New International Student Orientation Program (at the beginning of each semester)
- Education Abroad Fair (October)
- Study Abroad Workshops (ongoing)
- International Education Week (November)
- Ten Thousand Villages Festival Sale (December)
- Peer Mentor Program (ongoing)
- Life at Penn State Workshops (ongoing)
- International Women's Day Breakfast (March)
- International Achievement Receptions (April)
We're Here for You
For all the latest information on international programs and events check our Web site often: www.global.psu.edu. DGRP also produces a weekly newsletter, The Global Lion, with articles about international issues or activities and information about the many international programs and events happening on campus or in town. To subscribe, send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our offices are on the fourth floor of Boucke Building, located directly across from the HUB. The Global Programs Lounge in 410 Boucke is a traditional meeting place for many international events. Plan to stop by for our International Coffee Hour, held each Thursday at 3:30 p.m. in the Global Lounge-we look forward to getting to know you.