2012 Global Perspectives Photography Contest
The 2012 Global Perspectives Photography Contest is now open. All members of the Penn State community—students, staff, and faculty—are invited to submit photos to the Contest. Rules and criteria are listed below.
- All current students, faculty, and staff, including visiting scholars, at Penn State University may enter the Global Perspectives Photography Contest, except for staff in the University Office of Global Programs and those serving on the judge’s panel.
- Entrants may submit only one photograph in each of the following categories (thus each photographer is limited to submitting four photos):
- Me Abroad
- Photographs must be
- the original work of the entrant, with the exception of the Me Abroad category
- submitted in jpeg format no larger than 300 dpi with image size not to exceed 8” x 10” (or 10” x 8”)
- When submitting the form, you must include a title for each photograph submitted.
- Photos submitted for the Me Abroad category, must include
- title for each photograph submitted
- complete name of the photographer in the Description
- location and information about where the photo was taken in the Description
- First, second, and third place awards will be presented in each category, as well as a “Best of Show” award. Individual entrants may be presented a maximum of one award. An undetermined number of “Honorable Mentions” may be named.
- There will be an announcement of the award winners. Photographs will be displayed in the University Office of Global Programs during November and December, and may be displayed in additional locations and at other future events.
- Photographs submitted for this contest become the property of the University Office of Global Programs. By submitting a photo, entrants agree to grant Penn State University and the University Office of Global Programs (UOGP) use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and in other printed and electronic publications. The photographer will be credited when possible.
- Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity, originality, the quality of the image, and adherence to the category. All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
- Deadline for entries is 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 5, 2012; entries will not be accepted after that date.
- Questions and concerns should be addressed to Janet Haner, contest organizer, at email@example.com
The Photo Contest Has Been Closed.